EasyTac downloader is simple to use...
Simply insert your driver's card into the reader, and click 'Download Card'. Data is then read and stored in tamper-proof files that conform to the European standards as required by VOSA. These data files can be saved on the PC itself or to your network.
Once your data is downloaded, you can view and print flexible reports of the downloaded data, including detailed activities and daily summaries. Vehicle unit (VU) data can also be downloaded from appropriate download devices. EasyTac downloader enables you to...
- Meet the minimum legal requirements for downloading digital tachograph data. EasyTac downloader reads data from drivers' smartcards and stores it in the standard file format required under UK and EU law. You simply need to ensure that you download data from each driver's card once every 3-4 weeks. The software also aids downloading from vehicle unit (VU) download devices.
- View, analyse and print activity reports. After the download process, you can use the reporting functions to identify the dates where activity data has been read, and display and/or print the detailed activity data as well as a daily summary of the hours spent on each shift.
- Print analogue-style tachograph timelines and export your data. A printed timeline report includes daily graphical representations for the driver activities. You can also export report data into other programs.
- Manage, back-up and forward your stored data. Files are automatically stored in a configurable location using a simple-to-understand file naming convention. You can change this location so that it is on either a local disk drive or a network. The files are also freely accessible in case they need to be forwarded by email. A feature to back these files up is also included.
- Re-analyse previous downloads. Files previously stored by EasyTac downloader can be re-opened at any time for further analysis and reporting. Standard-format files downloaded by other software applications can also be imported and analysed if required.
EasyTac downloader is licensed on a per-PC basis - simply buy one package per download station as needed. Compatibility
EasyTac downloader is designed to work with all contact smartcard readers that comply with industry-standard PC/SC specifications. Please ensure your reader meets this minimum requirement.
All Smartcard Focus solution packages include readers that meet this specification, as well as meeting other minimum standards that are set for quality, technical support and driver maintenance.
Popular readers that have been tested with EasyTac downloader include the Identiv 2700R and Omnikey 3121, as well as most other USB contact smartcard readers stocked by Smartcard Focus. EasyTac downloader is compatible with all makes and models of digital tachograph and driver's card used in Europe, including the latest Annex 1C smart tachographs and cards introduced starting in 2019 (also known as Gen2).